Executives and Manager managing business challenged for new avenues to improve the business and economic conditions. The challenge is to do more with less and to make better decisions in a competitive industry. DWBI environment provides access to actionable data to act in a short time. The impressive reputation of DWBI in the sector helped BI continued growth.
Operational or Transactional data are scattered and do not provide an accessible insight into it for Executives, and it makes difficult for them to make decisions based on the data. They expect and need information on time to make decisions quickly. So, this helped the DWBI projects to grow in the last decade.
Business Intelligence provides relevant data to allow you to analyze current and long-term trends, alert you instantly to opportunities and problems, and give you continuous feedback on the effectiveness of your decisions.
Business Intelligence was always part of an organizations decision-making process. Executives and Managers were using tools like Excel, spreadsheets, Access database, reports running against operational data and Ad-reports. The technologies were solving the purpose but not in the required pace. In the last decade, we saw the power of computer raising and growing to unexpected heights. To add the strength companies added the power with tools to build and maintain an excellent Data warehouse and Business Intelligence environment. BI companies competing with each other helped the industry with tools for all kinds of companies small to big with the right price and capabilities. The big players that pioneered BI made a remarkable discovery – the path to real business intelligence passes through a data warehouse.
Benefits of Data warehouse and Business Intelligence:
- Historical data maintained for future analysis and easy to manage the regulations.
- The Data Warehouse does not impact Operational process because of user queries and reports.
- Data is pre-aggregated and calculated and ready to use for reports.
- Warehouse and data tools improve turnaround and performance for analysis.
- Metadata is created and maintained for processing and users benefits.
- Warehouse and tools facilitate Ad-hoc reporting, Analysis, and Self-service.
- Easy to present Dashboards using Scorecards and KPI’s.
- BI tools allow drill down on to details in summarized reports.
- BI tools provide Data-mining and trending.